My sister is strongly influenced by recommendations for food and travel on social media; and if not for her, you would not likely see me strayed so far from the nearest MRT station, for a bowl of bak chor mee from an influencer I haven't even heard of.
Bai Sheng Teochew Minced Meat Noodle from GHK 407 Food House, right next to 409 AMK Market And Food Centre. Let's hope it was as good as it was said to be, on social media.
At S$5.00, this was a generous portion, with slices of pork, dumpling, fish ball, pork ball, fish cake, and a heavy smattering of plump deep fried pork lard! The strands of mee pok struggled to peep out amongst the ingredients!
Let's talk about the soup; flavourful with that delicious meaty taste that made me drink up every single drop! And loving both the fish ball and pork ball; soft were the bite and the kind I would like to purchase for a steamboat meal.
My strands of mee pok well coated with a blend of vinegar and chilli; al dente, slurpy and satisfying! I did find the mee pok a bit different; like a narrower version of what I usually have.
Accompanying ingredients didn't disappoint, except for one; the pork lards that you can request for extra if you wish. They didn't taste as fresh as I thought they would be, given their incredible visuals!
=====
In all, a pretty good bowl of bak chor mee for me, that's so worth the price. However, I bet some would prefer more punch to the vinegar and, with the addition of sun-dried flatfish, which had a miraculous effect on palatability. Personally, I still prefer Tai Hwa, but to be fair; I am not a huge fan of bak chor mee.
Address
GHK 407 Food House, Singapore 560407
Map
As above.
As above.








No comments:
Post a Comment