Saturday, April 15, 2023

Tieguai Li Temple along Phanu Rangsi Alley @ Bangkok Chinatown in Thailand

At times, I would regret not securing a hotel near a park when I am travelling. However, there are benefits to not doing so as it allows me more opportunities to explore the surroundings of local life.

For my trip to Bangkok in February 2023, I was jogging in a historical neighborhood in the city known as Talat Noi and the above Chinese temple, with the words 李仙师廟caught my attention. 

Now, most Chinese would have heard of the eight immortals with Lü Dongbin being the leader. This particular temple actually had Tieguai Li as its patron deity. Limping with a iron clutch, he was known to take the look of a beggar, was eccentric and not visually appealing. There's an interesting story actually and you may read more here.  

Unless you know how to read Thai. Temple was pretty small and I guess what you see from outside the temple would be sufficient unless you intend to pray. According to legend, his ability was on healing the sick. 

=====

Location
Along Phanu Rangsi Alley @ Talat Noi
Chinatown, Bangkok, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment