Sunday, April 30, 2023

Nem Nướng Nha Trang Quế Hoa and their Grilled Spring Rolls @ Hanoi in Vietnam

I actually couldn't recall the exact reasons why we decided to patronize this eatery that's just a stone's throw from Hanoi's Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre; was it the grilled spring rolls on the menu, the online reviews or the overly friendly staff? 

Maybe it was a combination of everything. The menu reflected pretty reasonable pricing (at least for tourists given that it was the Hanoi's old quarter) and we happily sat on the stools after waited for the arrival of our food.

Kumquat Tea -  I would have assumed this was conventional lime tea that we could get from drink stalls in hawker centers. It wasn't very sweet, which is the way I like it.

Stone Crocodile - with such a unique name, the Kon decided to give it a try! I took a sip, kindly offered by the Kon, and loved it much more than my kumquat tea. The stone crocodile was something I used to eat as a kid during lunar new year; it's one of those candied / preserved  fruits from the eight-treasure box! 

French Fries - yes, we did order this and it had to do with the cool weather at Hanoi; it was cooling and we figured having French fries freshly sieved from the boiling oil would be heartwarming. Jovyn would love them as they reminded me of those from Potato Corner at Northpoint mall!


Sausage - your typical hot dog that you can get from supermarket although I had to admit it was deep fried pretty well with a thin crisp that didn't shriveled much in the open.  

Cheese Sticks - honestly, I am eating things I don't typically order back in Singapore. Weather definitely plays a very important role here. I am even drinking more soup in Hanoi than in Singapore. 

While the insides were melty, there wasn't much cheese taste and the accompanying mayo dip was essential. At 45,000 dong (about S$2.60) for five sticks, I wasn't prepared to waste food.

Spring Rolls - Indicated as spring rolls on the menu, I think it was more grilled meat sausage than what I understood to be spring rolls.

Compared to Taiwan sausages, Thailand moo ping and the above, I would say this Vietnamese pork sausage wasn't as sweet as their Taiwanese and Thai counterparts. 

Nha Trang Spring Roll - this was the main star for the eatery which was served like a platter of ingredients consisting of rice paper, grilled meat sausage, cucumber, lettuce, pickled vegetables, rice vermicelli, herbs etc.

Let's start working on the spring roll! 

Dip the wrapped product into the orangey sauce and take a bite! The sauce, which had a tangy curry tinge, complemented the wrap that was a perfect combination of crunchiness and savoriness; literally  screaming of herby healthiness for our middle aged bodies. Kon said he wouldn't mind having this as a meal every single day!

=====

Address
23 P. Hồ Hoàn Kiếm, Hàng Bạc, 
Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam 

Map
As above.

Pricing
Total - 280,000 Dong


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment