Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Checking Out a Residential Block @ Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam

I am the type who is always curious about other people's home, even when I am overseas! 

In my trip to
Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), I noticed many residential blocks like the above and since my companions had yet to complete their pampering session at Spa Salon Galaxy, I thought I might as well make better use of my time by checking if I can access the upper levels. 

Woah! No barriers to entry! 

At the back of the block were more buildings, which were the typical long ones with compact entrance. Very different from this wider block which reminded me somewhat like our shorter HDB blocks, albeit without lifts and with higher ceilings. 

Time to climb up! 

The corridor; humans are the same, across different countries. Despite the need to ensure a clear passage, residents would always deem the common corridor to be their property and will attempt to stake their ownership by sprucing up the area in front of their unit.

Due to privacy issues, I didn't take any photos of those residential units. I did notice that given the taller ceiling, some owners would 'build' an additional level to accommodate more people. Each unit also appeared to be deeper than our boxed-shape HDB units that were built in the early 1980s.

Another interesting feature was that not all units were residential; some were obviously commercial entities and I found like two cafes in our short visit. I wonder how people would know since there were no noticeable logos to attract people walking past on the ground level.

Don't belittle it though; the Auvery Cafe commanded a perfect score of 5.0 on Google review, and it offered creative beverages like Pistachio latte! Maybe I shall check it out the next time I am in HCMC

Right across the block would be the restaurant where I had my most expensive meal in HCMC; Quince Saigon. Its original outlet was in Bangkok, which is a michelin-plate establishment! 

Time to hit the street as my friends would be arriving soon.
And I was actually pretty hungry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment