Friday, March 03, 2023

Sala Daeng Crispy Seafood (Squid, Prawns, Crabs) @ Bangkok [Thailand]

After knowing about the above stall from a video on social media, that caught my attention, even before the pandemic, I finally got to trying it on my recent trip to Asia's City of Angels

Holding a lot of deep fried stuffs, you would be forgiven for thinking it was just one type of deep fried meat behind the glass; and wondering if it is was just battered chicken. 

It was better; they were all seafood and included shrimps, squids and even crabs! Now, when it comes to seafood, the word that came to mind would be expensive! Please be assured that it wouldn't be the case for this streetside stall.

Starting from just 60 baht for a small pack, which was about S$2.30, you can also opt for the largest serving at only 200 baht (S$8.00) if you have more people to share with. Sadly, there was only Alex with me and unlike me, he wasn't keen with these sinful goodies. 

As it was solely takeaway, I had to quickly find a space nearby to indulge. I could of course bring it back to my hotel but I was worried they would turn soggy by then' which would tarnish my review for the food.

Remember to eat with chilli, which was sweet with a touch of sourness; perfect for the seafood I was going to throw into my mouth! To be honest, they tasted cold although texture of the batter was still crisp. How I wish I had my airfryer with me then though. 

Above was squid meat; among the three, my favourite was the prawn as it was the crispiest and had the deepest seafood flavour. Squid was a tad rubbery but I am not complaining for the price I paid for the pack. Crabs were my least favorite for its mushy insides and bland taste. 

Video of the operator chopping up a piece of squid for my pack. Can't wait to buy another pack when I am next in Bangkok; maybe just prawn and squids. 

=====

Address
At the corner of Silom Road and Sala Daeng Road

Map
As above.

Pricing
Small Pack - 60 Baht

No comments:

Post a Comment