Friday, September 23, 2022

Phuket Town Mookata - Meat Mountain Set @ 182 Woodlands Street 13 (Near Marsiling MRT Station) [Singapore]

Barbecued food is a major weakness for me and I did find myself having it ever so often; be it in the Korean, Japanese or Thai form! In terms of pricing, Thai BBQ, known commonly as mookata, is the most economical..

I guess social media is aware, and keeps bombarding me with suggested postings of barbecued dining establishments. One that caught my attention recently was Phuket Town Mookata at Woodlands.

How to resist those beautiful photos of meat mountains that literally melt my heart with its display, and activate the craving for meat!? Since I have a kaki (friend) who loves mookata like me and he lives in Woodlands, we decided to meet for a meal there after work one day! 

After ordering and payment, one of the staff shall prepare the equipment in anticipation of the food. A plastic canister filled with the soup would be placed on your table for ease of topping up. 

Please take your own chilli from the table in front of the stall. To me, chilli is extremely important in Thai barbecue and right here at Phuket Town Mookata, you have four types to choose from; original, sour, sour spicy and savory spicy.

Do not take too much! I tested all four and I didn't quite like sour and sour spicy. Original is my favorite and tasted more similar to the chilli served by other mookata establishments.  For savory spicy, it had a thicker consistency and while richer in flavour; there's a tendency to overshadow the meat marination. 

Frozen pork lard; the lubricant for the pan and the nuggets of rendered, crispy delights at the end of the meal. In case you need more, do request from the friendly staff member.

Here's our mini meat mountain! I would have loved to order the mega meat mountain for that visual impact but with just two of us; we decided to play safe as I doubt we could have finished a set catered for 4 to 5 persons! 

However, once it was placed on our table; our initial thought was that there weren't that much meat. Turned out we were wrong as the meat was packed tightly and once you unravel the mountain, it turned out to be quite a lot of meat that left us full and satisfied later on.

In addition, there was also a basket of vegetables and tang hoon. Other ingredients on the platter included crab sticks, meat balls, luncheon meat, Thai fish cake, hot dog and cheese tofu.

Just for the mountain of meat, there were a variety consisting of signature sauce pork, pork belly, garlic pork collar, sesame chicken, black pepper chicken, green curry chicken, tom yum pork collar! 

The feasting begins!

I was extremely happy with the meat although I would have replaced the black pepper one (a bit overpowering for me) with the garlic, sesame or signature. And of course, dipping the grilled meat into the chilli is a necessity! 

Chilli went very well with the tang hoon too.

In summary, this would be one mookata stall you would see me returning in the very near future! We literally cleaned up the entire set and despite thinking we might need to order extra meat; our stomachs were simply too full! 

The voucher would definitely entice me to return soon. 

=====

Address
182 Woodlands Street 13, 
Food Paradise Coffee Shop,
#01-06, Singapore 730182
(Walking distance from Marsiling MRT Station)

Map
As above.

Facebook Page

Ala Carte Menu
As above.

Pricing
Mini Meat Mountain Set - S$25.90
(NETT)

2 comments: