Thursday, April 04, 2019

The Series of Unfortunate Events @ Guizhou [China]

The sad story behind the Dong (minority tribe) Drum Tower isn't just the only suay (bad luck) thing i had in Guizhou. One of them was pretty minor; my dad emptied half the shampoo i brought from Singapore on the very first day in China as he thought it was shower gel. 

He also didn't bring any thicker clothing despite my insistence, and with temperature going as low as 3 degrees celsius; i had to pass him mine. Thankfully, i was able to endure the cold and was glad i stood firm in buying the windbreaker from Uniqlo in the departure hall of Changi Airport!

When we arrived at Guangzhou Baiyun airport, his shoe's sole came out and for his safety; i changed his shoes with mine. In just an hour's time, the other sole dislodged too! Again, i must applaud myself as my dad did adhere to my advice to bring an extra pair of shoes. 

The other major unfortunate incident happened at this beautiful Maling River Grand Canyon (马岭河峡谷). Saw that red arrow? That's the place i slipped and fell down the flight of stairs! 

In my haste to break the fall, i cut my finger and my wrist with blood oozing from the open wounds. The above pictures were actually taken around 1-2 hours later when i was back in the coach. While i felt a sore on my thigh, i didn't think too much about it.

Until i went back to the hotel and stripped down to take a shower; that's when i realized there's a large bruise decorated with lacerations! The colour was pretty faint and the above was shot when i was back in Singapore. At the moment, the bruise is barely noticeable. 

No matter what, the series of unfortunate events didn't alter the fact that my dad and i totally enjoyed the tour organized by Chan Brothers. Would i be back to Guizhou? You bet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment