Saturday, September 30, 2017

Carpenter Bee @ Shikisai-no-oka (四季彩の丘) in Hokkaido [Japan]

Had been insanely busy with work, baking and being sick that i have totally neglected the postings for my Hokkaido trip! It's still not a full fledged post for my first flower field at Shikisai-no-oka (known as 四季彩の丘) but at least it's something....

I first noticed the buzzing sound when i walked past the patch of pink flowers and although this evoked bad memories of what happened in Bandung, curiosity got the better of me. 

And it's a bee! Thankfully, i had been paying attention in meetings (can't help it as a minute-taker) and i do recognise this particular bee species! 

A carpenter bee which seldom stings unless provoked and that's restricted to only the female carpenter bees! Hence, i muster up enough courage to inch slightly nearer for a better close-up photograph. Pretty, little fellow, ain't it? 

However, the pain of the sting in my head and finger remained unforgettable and till this date, i would shake my head whenever i hear a buzzing sound; just in case a hornet / wasp / bee mistakes my head of hair for a nest again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment