Friday, August 21, 2026

Yu Deng Tang Shui (鱼灯糖水) Desserts @ Mount Qiyun Resort in China

While most people appeared to have retired for the night at Mount Qiyun Resort after the final performance; my mind was still alert and in fact, craving for desserts to warm my body in the cool climate.

And this beautiful yet imposing building caught our attention; no less because it's a dessert shop, and we were desperately looking for one to sit down, and slowly enjoyed the desserts we chose.

Interestingly, almost empty eatery! 
Don't the locals love desserts at all?!

Nevertheless, lesser people means a quieter environment to better enjoy the traditional decorations within the shop, like this pair of gigantic fish lanterns above us. The shop's namesake; 鱼灯 means fish lantern and is an icon of the huizhou culture. 

Nothing hit it better than live fishes though.
Like the ones swimming in the earthen pot.

Our order for four persons; one of which I shall not be reviewing since it's for a tour mate. p.s. Not nice for me to steal a bite right? Paiseh also.

Fresh Papaya Dessert Soup - I love papayas but never had them in sweetened soup! Interesting it was but taste wise; literally papaya in a saccharose broth. Not something I would crave in the future. 

Peach Gum Poached Pear - my order and the reason for having this was the numerous reels I saw on this heartwarming dessert before my visit to Huangshan! And despite being a procrastinator; I didn't take long to decide this over the other 10 contenders! 

I was expecting the dessert to be boiling hot but it was at most lukewarm, doing a half hearted job in warming my body. Whatever the case, the taste was similar to cheng tng and not overly sweet, with a yummy pear that was poached till soft and tender!

=====

Address
Within Mount Qiyun Resort,
Qiyunshan Town, Xiuning County, 
Huangshan City, Anhui Province, China

Menu (in Chinese)
As above.

Pricing
Fresh Papaya Dessert Soup - RMB 28
Peach Gum Poached Pear - RMB 28


No comments:

Post a Comment