With so many food establishments to choose from, it's hard to believe that we opted for lunch at the air-conditioned Malaysia Boleh! food court instead. Reasons; the variety and the weather was insanely hot!
Before deciding what to have; this publicity poster caught our attention, and it immediately activated the craving for noodles, specifically wanton me for me.
So, both my mom and I decided to get the noodles from the stall which was supposedly known for its Chilli Pan Mian. Funny thing was; our mind was set on their new dishes on the menu, and not their namesake dish!
Ice Kopi - aside from the new items on the publicity poster, my eyes were also drawn to the offer of S$1.50 for ice kopi / teh with the purchase of any of the new items; super worth it! And in the hot weather I mentioned earlier; an absolute godsend.
Waiting for the pager to beep!
In less than ten minutes, I collected our lunch for the day. A serving of Sarawak kolo mee and anotehr serving of char siew wanton mee!
Char Siew Wanton Mee - let's go with one of the noodles I would occasionally crave for, even though I prefer the white version, instead of this darker version which is the norm for Malaysian style wanton mee.
As expected, the sweetness can get a bit cloying after but I do enjoy the slurpy texture from the thin strand noodles! Shall talk more about the char siew later which was also included in the sarawak kolo mee.
(can totally do without them). Char siew was surprisingly not bad; thick cut, not overly fatty with caramelized edges. Yum yum.
Noodles for the kolo mee were thicker with a chewier bite, albeit coated smoothly with oil that was more sinful, and more delicious than the wanton mee, sans the sweetness.
=====
Cleaned up the dishes!
200 Victoria Street, #03-30,
Bugis Junction, Malaysia Boleh!,
Singapore 188021
Map
As above.
As above.
Pricing
Ice Kopi - S$1.50
Sarawak Kolo Mee - S$6.00
Char Siew Wanton Mee - S$6.00
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D5.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
%20%5BSingapore%5D.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment