Timbre+ no longer manages Yishun Park Hawker Centre and despite no longer being able to enjoy the 10% discount using the app; I still made a trip down earlier this evening.
All because I was craving for curry chicken, and remember there was a stall specializing in curry at the hawker centre; Nanyang Homemade Curry (南洋咖哩)!
It's literally all curry dishes on the menu, save for the bread and plain rice! Selection included chicken, fish, mutton, vegetables and even pork! I am traditionalist; chicken it shall be!
Curry Chicken Drumstick - opted for this even though under the chicken option, there were also curry chicken wing, and even curry chicken chop rice. Drumstick didn't seem like there would be a lot of meat but well, satisfying a craving took priority.
It's actually not just the drumstick as it included a chicken thigh too, plus potato; latter of which was passed over to Alex as I am not a potato person. First thing I did was to take a sip of the curry!
Thick, creamy curry that tasted rich of fattening coconut milk with just the perfect level of spiciness for me that wasn't overpowering! And you know what goes well with curry? Plain, white rice! Saying goodbye to my carbo-restricted diet today!
Unfortunately, the rice was a bit hard and I wondered if it was on purpose for diners to soften the grains with curry gravy! Chicken used tasted like it was frozen, and that kind of marred the experience too.
Nevertheless, craving satisfied!
p.s. controlling myself not to eat too much rice.
=====
Address
Yishun Park Hawker Centre
Singapore 768867
Map
As above.
Pricing
Curry Chicken Drumstick - S$6.30
Plain Rice - S$0.80
%20@%20Yishun%20Park%20Hawker%20Centre%20%5BSingapore%5D%20%23yishunparkhawkercentre.jpg)
%20@%20Yishun%20Park%20Hawker%20Centre%20%5BSingapore%5D%20%23yishunparkhawkercentre2.jpg)
%20@%20Yishun%20Park%20Hawker%20Centre%20%5BSingapore%5D%20%23yishunparkhawkercentre.jpg)
%20@%20Yishun%20Park%20Hawker%20Centre%20%5BSingapore%5D%20%23yishunparkhawkercentre.jpg)
%20@%20Yishun%20Park%20Hawker%20Centre%20%5BSingapore%5D%20%23yishunparkhawkercentre.jpg)
%20@%20Yishun%20Park%20Hawker%20Centre%20%5BSingapore%5D%20%23yishunparkhawkercentre.jpg)
%20@%20Yishun%20Park%20Hawker%20Centre%20%5BSingapore%5D%20%23yishunparkhawkercentre.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment