Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Amazonian Jewels Zone @ Bird Paradise Mandai in Singapore

Given the lack of money and the fact that I am not into travelling long distance, I doubt I would ever explore Amazon in my life. The most I can do is to visit the Amazon Flooded Forest at River Wonders in SingaporeAmazon Flooded Forest at River Wonders in Singapore

Or check out the Amazonian Jewels Zone @ Bird Paradise Mandai! 

The mammoth thing that greeted us when we entered the zone was the above, which I am guessing to be a replica of a bottom half of a broken gigantic tree. Fact: the tallest tree in the Amazon rainforest is 88.5 meters tall.

This replica was hardly helpful as a shelter from the hot sun!

Let's do some bird watching instead. As the world's largest tropical rainforest, my expectation was high as it was said to have over 1,300 species.

Maybe my eyes were tired as I spotted only two! The South American pileated parrot and the Capuchinbird, latter looked like it would fit well as a prop during Halloween. 

Due to the simmering heat close to noon, we proceeded to the air-conditioned arena that separated the zones. Cooling aside, the somewhat interactive screen allowed us to touch a button to hear the call of the respective bird species

=====

Location
Amazonian Jewels Zone,

No comments:

Post a Comment