Sunday, May 19, 2024

Knots Cafe & Living @ Pasir Panjang in Singapore

"Here it is." My friend said. I looked at the industrial building and wondered if we were at the correct place. The answer was affirmative as my friends had checked out the area the weekend before to ensure the driving route! 

Stepping in, I was again in doubt. Departing from most eateries in Singapore, my immediate thought was this doesn't look like a cafe filled with tables and chairs, to make full use of the expensive real estate. Don't you think it was like an office with discussion table and chairs?

Turned right after entering and the above image was more correct; more tables and chairs for diners although again, it did feel more like a mini trade show for business conversations. 

And the whole place was filled with plants! Turned out the cafe was related to Xpressflower, a local florist, and you can even buy those plants if they appeal to your eyes! I have a few favorites but I am hesitant given my penchant to kill, rather than nurture, plants. 

You can even book the cafe for special occasions like birthday parties, weddings etc. There are packages you can consider and you may refer to the website here

Wi-Fi password as provided for you to order your food online. Look out for the smaller poster underneath; water isn't complimentary but 50 cents for refillable, distilled iced / warm water, with a slice of lemon, aren't that expensive.

Scan to order! 

Requesting for serving plates since our group had the tendency to order and share so that we can try everything! A few of us in the group, including me, are greedy! Haha. Here's what we had! 

Osmanthus Sencha Artisanal Tea - I noted it was this was listed under artisanal tea and totally didn't expect it to be in the bottled form by Gryphon Tea Co! To be fair, I do enjoy the tea under that brand but was expecting more aesthetic "plating" than just being handed the bottled, with a cup of ice.

Nevertheless, the general verdict was that the bottled cold brew tea was super nice even though I am having second thoughts if I would still pay S$8 for bottled tea. My traditional Singaporean Chinese upbringing will highlight that the same price could get me two plates of wanton mee in a hawker centre. The 50 cents refillable, distilled iced water sounds like a better option! 

Camembert Cheese Board
- nowadays I don't reject cheese boards and are more than happy when companions suggest ordering a cheese board for sharing! Should I be with Alex, it's impossible for him to share with me.

Crusty piece of warm French baguette, slapped with a slice of camembert cheese and topped with a dollop of raspberry jam and honey - mmmmmm, loving it! 

Fruits & Spinach Salad - well, no complaint about this but personally, I am not really into fresh fruits in salad, preferring nuts and dried fruits. Of course, having avocado in salad is always a great addition. 

10" Pepperoni - six types to choose from, including the Italian-frowned-upon Hawaiian pizza! For Singaporeans, Hawaiian and Pepperoni pizzas are always safe choices. 

Thick of melty, mozzarella cheese with thinly sliced pepperoni that was almost crunchy, and a base of fluffy, lightly crisp pizza dough; I am so glad we ordered this for sharing! p.s. don't wait to long to eat it! 

Fish and Chips - I would think of Alex whenever he orders fish and chips. Aside from the fact that he likes fish and chip, I was faced with a question from him recently when he asked what's breaded and battered! To be honest, I was dumbfounded as I thought he would know for someone who loves fish and chip.

The above was breaded. While I always prefer battered fish and chips, there were two things that stood out from this fish and chips from knots; it wasn't thickly breaded, and the fish was satisfyingly chunky and juicy! p.s. topping up the fries to truffle was the best option; the aroma was to die-for! 

Tomahawk Pork Chop - I had heard of tomahawk beef and this was definitely the first time I am seeing tomahawk pork chop! Imported from Japan, it was a large chunk and since pork had to be eaten 100% cooked, I am wondering if the thickness would affect the juiciness of the meat. 

Interestingly, the juiciness wasn't compromised, although tomahawk in beef form was definitely better than pork as you definitely get more meat juice for a medium-doneness beef in comparison to a well-done pork. 

Lychee Rose Cake - amongst our orders, this was the most disappointing! It was icy, tasted more like red velvet cake with no inkling of lychee. And I think the rose referred to the mini sprinkling of crushed rose petals topping the cake. 

=====

Address
102E Pasir Panjang Rd, #01-08,
Citilink Warehouse Complex, Singapore 118529

Map
As above. 

Operating Hours
Mondays - 10.30 am to 9.00 pm
Tuesdays - Closed
Wednesdays - 10.30 am to 9.00 pm
Thursdays - 10.30 am to 9.00 pm
Fridays - 10.30 am to 9.00 pm 
Saturdays - 9.00 am to 9.00 pm
Sundays - 9.00 am to 9.00 pm

Website

Pricing
Osmanthus Sencha Artisanal Tea - S$8.10
Camembert Cheese Board - S$19.30
Fruits & Spinach Salad - S$14.20
Tomahawk Pork Chop - S$32.50
10" Pepperoni - S$24.40
Fish and Chip - S$17.25
Top Up Truffle Fries - S$2.00
Lychee Rose Cake - S$9.10
(No Service Charge and Inclusive of GST)

No comments:

Post a Comment