Thursday, January 25, 2024

Tao Garden Hotel (桃花園飯店) @ Taoyuan City in Taiwan

It was already 8.30 pm when we arrived at our first accommodation for the 8 Days 7 Nights See Iconic Taiwan Anew Tour Package by Chan Brothers; Tao Garden Hotel (桃花園飯店), a four-star hotel.

I wonder what four-star means in the Taiwan context as it seemed to deviate from international standards; there wasn't any swimming pool although I was more disappointed to hear that the gym was closed for renovations! 

Room 605 - a Comfort Twin Room that's about 25 square meters big. The hotel itself was built in 2013 and had a total of 240 rooms. Key attraction, apparently, was its proximity to Taoyuan Station. p.s. not the HSR station.

For your reference; typical hotel setup with carpet flooring. As always, I am not very particular with hotels so long it is clean, has ensuite toilet and windows. Nevertheless, I did feel that the television was a tad too small, given that my house is equipped with an 85-inch one. 

Rest of the room - I love hotels that provide in-room safe that was open from the top! Similar to what I encountered at ibis Melaka. Hotels should make this the norm! 

Unimpressive view from the hotel window.
Note: this was taken the next morning.

Bathroom - simple, no rainfall shower. I did take issue with the thinness of the towels. One of our travel mates also complained that the hair dryer had a weak airflow, and kaput on her after a short while of usage.

Dated looking toilet amenities; would you take any home? For me, I would bring back the shower cap and pack of toothbrush and toothpaste. What do I do with them? Shower cap is a great protection for the shoes you are putting into your luggage!

Breakfast venue the next morning! Typical for tour packages, hotel breakfast would be included and this would be beneficial if I am travelling with my parents, who require breakfast to kick start the day.

Spread for your reference; quite a reasonable spread with local Taiwanese options. Sadly, I am not big on breakfast and given the guilt of not being able to exercise the night before; I was even less motivated to stuff my tummy. 

Just grabbing a little of those dishes that caught my attention. There's luroufan too although in my opinion, it's more minced meat than fats. Taste wise - average. 

=====

Address
No. 151, Fuxing Rd, Taoyuan District, 
Taoyuan City, Taiwan 

Website


No comments:

Post a Comment