Sunday, January 14, 2024

TOOKPAK Thai Restaurant - Google Review of 4.9 from Almost 1,900 Reviewers @ Bangkok in Thailand

Would you believe 100% the review score on Google or from any website / person? For me, it's merely a reference and I have had my fair share of personal reviews that didn't correspond to the online rating. 

Today, I am going to share about this Thai restaurant, TOOPAK, that we patronized at Bangkok in October 2023. Given the amazing Google score of 4.9 from over 1,500 reviewers (then), I asked a Thai friend to join us for dinner! 

A casual setting; I was wondering why it was so empty at almost 6.00 pm. This would be quite strange, especially on a Sunday night. The worry was unfounded as customers slowly streamed in after that. Without further ado, let's proceed with the food review.

Stir Fried Malindjo Leaves with Eggs - do you have certain vegetables that you would order when you are overseas? In Taiwan, it's guomao vegetable and here in Thailand, I fell in love with Malindjo leaves! Leafy and thin, soft and tasted so good with eggs; I almost wanted to order a second serving! 

Garlic Fried Pork Neck - this wowed us with its solid texture that was firm, juicy, not chewy and tasted even better with the sweet and tangy sauce that accompanied the dish. 

Generous amount of fried garlic topping provided bite with their crunchy texture and further intensifying the appetizing garlic flavor. Yummy! 

Crab in Coconut Curry - this brought back great memory of the crab meat curry and coconut milk from Raya restaurant in Phuket, where I had the best meal ever in Phuket

Took a sip of the curry first; a tad spicy and while it was milky and delicious; the experience wasn't as mind-blowing as Raya restaurant. Honestly worth an order, especially if it's your first time having crab curry.

Crab Omelette - this was said to be one of their more popular dishes and since I am too lazy to queue for the Michelin Jay Fai, I guess I would make do with this one for the moment. 

It did seem promising and I can't wait to take a bite! I knew I had to keep my expectations at bay. The thing about being older is that certain memory remains etched in your brain and I vividly recalled my disappointment with Nhong Rim Klong

Filled with chunks of crab meat, this had to be the most underwhelming crab omelette I had, without any flavor amalgamation. The crabs and eggs were so detached in taste; it's better for the chef to just serve them separately. 

Burp! p.s. leftovers for the omelette. 

===== 

Despite my disappointment with the crab omelette, I did enjoy the rest of the dishes, especially the Stir Fried Malindjo Leaves with Eggs. There were five signature dishes which I didn't try; so maybe another trip to TOOKPAK next round. And I must remember, absolutely no crab omelette.

Address
811, 813 Rama I Rd, Wang Mai, 
Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Map
As above.

Menu

Pricing
Stir Fried Malindjo Leaves with Eggs - 150 Baht
Garlic Fried Pork Neck - 220 Baht
Crab in Coconut Curry - 380 Baht
Crab Omelette - 280 Baht
(Inclusive of Tax)

No comments:

Post a Comment