Saturday, January 06, 2024

Talad Thai Banana @ AMK Hub in Singapore

In the past, there were just Chinese style fried bananas and Malay style fried bananas. In recent years, another style is getting to be more common in Singapore; the Thai style fried bananas, and they are going to the heartlands of our little red dot! 

This branch of Talad Thai Banana just opened a month ago and thanks to the information from my elder sister, we decided to check it out after our hair treatment this morning.

Featuring a very open kitchen concept, I am wondering if some of you would be turned off by the huge amount of oil used to fry the bananas. It wouldn't affect lovers of deep fried food though; we are sorely aware of their unhealthy aspects. 

At the moment, the menu was limited to just thai fried bananas and thai yam chips, deep fried using their signature batter! They did look appetizing behind the counter and we got a bag each since my mom was with us and she enjoyed yam.

Good enough for me to secure a second bag of Thai fried bananas to bring back home and let Alex try! p.s. a bag cost S$5 for 8 pieces of banana or S$4 for 6 pieces.

Look at that golden, caramelized sheen from the piece of fried banana that was dotted with sesame seeds! p.s. it's better to eat right after purchasing as the batter lost quite a bit of its crispiness when I reached home about 25 minutes later.

Compared to Bangkok Michelin Bib Gourmand Fried Banana Rama 5, it's no doubt that these from Talad Thai Banana were way better! Banana was juicier, the crisp batter was thinner; overall tastier than what I had in my last trip to Bangkok! 

And I absolutely loved the free additions of batter crispies! Aside from sesame seeds, I think there was another kind of nuts that were added; sadly, my amateurish taste buds can't discern what they were! Whatever the case, I think a pack of Talad Thai Banana shall be purchased after my monthly hair treatment session at Ang Mo Kio in the future! 

=====

Address
53 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, #B2-17, 
AMK Hub, Singapore 569933

Menu
As above.

Additional Information
100% vegetarians; for all races and religions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment