Monday, January 15, 2024

Daifukumochis from Popup Stall by King's Handmade Treasure (大王千金) @ Taoyuan in Taiwan

Seeing that it was still early after checking in to the hotel at Taoyuan, we explored the surroundings and chanced upon this popup stall by King's Handmade Treasure (大王千金). Guess what caught my attention? It's those pictures with a cross section of a strawberry daifukumochi!

There were twelve flavors and given the late timing (shops had already started closing); many were already sold out, including their signature red bean strawberry mochi. But the lady very nice; she kindly made one, on the spot, just for me! 

Given her utmost kindness, I felt obligated to order two daifukumochis from her! It was easy to choose the first one, obviously red bean strawberry mochi. Second one was recommended; rose cheese strawberry mochi.

Red Bean Strawberry Mochi - the one in front, with a smoother skin, would be the red bean strawberry mochi. I don't know why but I have been craving for daifukumochis for the past few months. In fact, I had tried the ones from Don Don Donki twice! 

This was satisfying! Covered with a thin layer of mochi stick that doesn't stick to the teeth, I was most in loved with the juiciness from the sour-sweet strawberry that complemented the earthy sweetness from the red bean paste. This was so on point! 

Rose Cheese Strawberry Mochi - rougher looking one with a layer of cooked starch. Anticipating the burst of different unique flavors containing rose, cheese, and strawberry.

I thought the flavors were great matches; granted my taste buds can discern the cheesiness, I was more focused on having the strawberry hidden within, and even consider abandoning all non-fruit parts. 

Needless to say; I am a traditionalist. 
Red bean strawberry mochi for the win! 

=====

Location of Popup Store
Outside Tonlin Plaza, No. 61, 
Zhongzheng Rd, Taoyuan District, 
Taoyuan City, Taiwan 330

Pricing
Red Bean Strawberry Mochi - 58 Taiwan Dollars
Rose Cheese Strawberry Mochi - 58 Taiwan Dollars


No comments:

Post a Comment