Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Lunch @ Fan Wang Seafood Restaurant in Taichung [Taiwan]

I didn't expect too much for lunch on day five as the meals for tour packages are often quite standard but I was hopeful that this would be different as there's the word seafood in the name of this restaurant!

First up was the seafood hotpot which was sour tasting although still quite appetising for the taste buds. 

My eyes lighted up when I saw the above; a plate of sashimi with some shredded crab meat. Turned out the tour mates on my tables weren't as keen on raw stuff and even though I only ever like salmon for sashimi; I decided to at least give this a try.

No whiff of fishiness and it was so fresh! According to KK, our tour guide, this was swordfish and it was a satisfying experience given that each slice was quite big, and there were only two other persons on our table who indulged in the sashimi!  

Steamed fish wasn't too my liking as it didn't seem fully cooked. Maybe just me as it was almost completely wiped out towards the end of the meal. 

As you can see, there were a number of seafood items and it's a great pity that I didn't know how to enjoy oysters! And I am particularly hesitant to eat them when I am overseas, given my sensitive stomach.

In all, I would say this was one of the more satisfying lunches so far!

=====

Address 
86-1號加油站旁, Huanzhong Rd, 
Section 4, Nantun District, 
Taichung City, 408 Taiwan

Map
As above. 


No comments:

Post a Comment