Sunday, July 21, 2024

Freshly Grilled Garlic Bread outside the Duck Stall @ Chatuchak Weekend Market in Bangkok [Thailand]

I was walking underneath the pride of fluttering colors strips, on my way to Kamphaeng Phet MRT station at Bangkok when my sensitive nose caught a whiff of something delicious! 

Like a dog, I traced the smell to this above stall. Nope, it's not the duck noodle that caught the attention of my nostrils but the makeshift stall right in front.

Turned out they were grilling bread for sale and the one and no doubt it was the aromatic garlic bread that appealed to me. Given my starch-restricted diet, bread was something I love yet trying very hard not to eat.

However, I caved in to the temptation after seeing how nicely grilled they were! And I have an absolute soft spot for garlic bread; so much so that I made my own garlic spread before and it was terribly bad for my weight management plan! 

You can even opt for free toppings ranging from sugar, condensed milk, ketchup, chocolate to strawberry! Do note that you are supposed to help yourself after paying and securing your bread. 

Secured my bread. I wondered why we would need a plastic cup just to hold the skewer of grilled bread. An overkill and totally unnecessary, not to mention it's environmentally unfriendly too.

Warm to the touch, with the edges featuring that addictive crispness, the bread was soft on the insides and the garlic was sufficiently intense to placate my taste buds. One problem though; it was bland and you would definitely need the free toppings to up the flavor. 

=====

Location
Bangkok, Thailand

Pricing
Garlic / Butter Bread - 30 Baht

No comments:

Post a Comment