Wednesday, July 24, 2024

GetFresh at Terminal 21 Asok in Bangkok [Thailand]

When you are spoilt for meal choices, it can unfortunately result in a state of dilemma. That's how I felt when I was at Terminal 21 Asok, and I eventually chose an eatery I wouldn't have expected to dine at in Bangkok.

GetFresh - an eatery that focuses on healthy eating. I am on holiday and should be indulging excessively on sinful food that would result in weight gain once I get back in Singapore! 

One thing for sure, I am not going to get a salad as that's my usual choice for lunch in Singapore and I don't see the point of "suffering" on holiday. To be fair, GetFresh has a review score of 4.5 on Google Maps, and there's more than just salad and wrap on the menu.

The Classic Smoothie - made of strawberry, banana, apple and yogurt, the first thought that came to mind was its similarity to the Skinny Dip from Boost Juice! Me like, except for the high price tag of 159 baht. 

The Avo Mozza Sourdough Melts - "sliced avocado, sundried tomato, guacamole, hot sauce, fresh mozzarella, fresh-cut tomato, wild rocket on toasted sourdough bread served with a side of adobo chipotle hot sauce", reason I chose this was due to its slightly lower calorie count at 443. 

Second reason for the choice, my seemingly love for avocado. In the past, I only have avocado in juice form, with added milk. Nowadays, I have taken a liking for avocado spread on bread! 

Aside from a generous portion of avocado, I love the combination of the warm sourdough bread that had just the right touch of chewiness with the subtle nuttiness from the avocado,slight sour-sweetness from the sun-dried tomatoes and a burst of spiciness from the sauce.

Salmon Steak - Alex' choice, which I would say was a safe choice. How badly can one screw up a salmon steak? Even I can easily make one using my air-fryer, except that I don't like the smell in my kitchen afterwards.

Vegetables were flavored well, pumpkin was nice and Alex commented that the mashed potatoes were delish. Pity the star, said to be Atlantic salmon steak, was mushy and tasted fishy, almost like we had a bad bout of frozen salmon! Now, that's disappointing! 

=====

I wouldn't mind coming back for the The Avo Mozza Sourdough Melts. 
Definitely not for the Salmon Steak. 

Address
88 Sukhumvit Soi 19,
Terminal 21 Asok, 5th floor, Room 5020, 
Wattana, Sukhumvit Rd, North, Khlong Toei, 
Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Map
As above.

Pricing
The Classic Smoothie - 159 Baht
The Avo Mozza Sourdough Melts - 299 Baht
Salmon Steak - 499 Baht
(Subject to Service Charge and Inclusive of VAT)

No comments:

Post a Comment