Thursday, December 29, 2022

Happy Congee (滿粥了) in Bgain @ Lavender Food Court at ARC380 [Singapore]

Anyone still remembers the old lavender food square? The area has now been redeveloped into a commercial building called ARC 380 and while the hawker center is no longer around; there's a food court within that appeared pretty popular!

My family and I checked out two stalls and the one reviewed today would be Happy Congee (滿粥了). If memory serves me well, I think the Great Kon recommended a few stalls at this food court and the congee was one of them. 

Shrimp Rice Noodle Roll - chee cheong fun took up half the menu space and even though there were the more interesting triple sauce rice noodle roll, Alex, the order-er, proceeded to go with his usual chee cheong fun with prawns.

While the texture of the chee cheong fun was smooth and the prawns were crunchy, I took issue with the sauce which was a tad too light and failed to whet the appetite. I am wondering if the triple sauce version would be a better option. Shall check that out next time.

Century Egg and Minced Meat Congee - I guess the recommended one would be the hong kong boat noodle. However, I am not into spare parts (of the pig) and safest would be the century egg and minced meat congee instead. 

As you can probably guess, this would be the Cantonese style porridge, which has a gruel like consistency, with hardly noticeable rice grains; vastly different from the Teochew style porridge. 

I like what I had; consistency was smooth although flavor was on the bland side. What I enjoyed most was that there were plenty of ingredients inside, and the generous amount of century eggs definitely enhanced the flavor of the congee! Only thing I regretted, not adding an egg! 

=====

Address
380 Jln Besar, #01-16/22, Stall MR4,
Bgain @ Lavender Food Court,
ARC 380, Singapore 209000

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Century Egg and Minced Meat Congee - S$4.00
Shrimp Rice Noodle Roll - S$5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment