Monday, July 04, 2022

The Local Dessert Stall - Cheng Tng and Tau Suan @ Our Tampines Hub Hawker Centre [Singapore] #tampineshubhawkercentre

My tummy was stuffed after having chicken rendang, wanton noodle and carrot cake at Tampines Hub hawker center but as per my friend's favorite quote: "there's always room for desserts"! 

And I am always up for local desserts! Interestingly, the stall doesn't seem to have a name, although it impressed on diners that that's the place for desserts. Full stop. 

Cheng Tng - for me, the cheng tng is a must for local desserts and this only cost S$1.80! I was expecting it to be at least S$2.00 given the recent spike in inflation.

Variety of ingredients was limited though; just barley, white fungus, sago longans and bird's nest jelly. Broth was tasty with a rich longan flavor; special mention for the longans which were soft and sweet. I have had my fair share of longans that were bland and super chewy! 

Tow Suan - I don't usually have this as my mom said this is super easy to make and it would be a waste to pay so much to dine outside! Oh well, Alex was craving for tau suan and when he wants, it's hard to get him to wait for my mom to cook for him. 

As usual, I stole a mouthful; and then went for seconds, and thirds. Maybe because it's been a while since I last had this hot dessert; it was nice, with more mung beans than starch, and not overly sweet. Only problem; lousy youtiao! 

=====

Address
495 Tampines Ave 5, #01-47,
Tampines Hub Hawker Centre, 
Singapore 529649

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Cheng Tng -S$1.80
Tow Suan - S$1.80 

No comments:

Post a Comment