Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Sugar And Tease in Onze @ Tanjong Pagar [Singapore]

Onze @ Tanjong Pagar is a building beside Tanjong Pagar Plaza that most people wouldn't have noticed as it's at one corner with only one floor of commercial entities; I wouldn't be surprised if some of you assume it's the renovated backyard of Tanjong Pagar Plaza. 

I was on my way to check out a soup place within Onze @ Tanjong Pagar but the above eye-catching display stopped me in my tracks. I figured I could leave some stomach space for desserts.

45 minutes later, I was back with mom at Sugar And Tease; this tiny cafe that could maybe just sit ten customers! There was even a label on each table for customers to limit their usage to 30 minutes. Thank god I am not a cafe hogger. 

Aside from the cakes and tarts, you can also indulge in cookies, brownies and loaves! With only two tummies between us, I guess we have to be selective on what to have.

A cup of Lotus Tea would help make us feel less guilty; earthy with a touch of bitter aftertaste. I was most happy with the complimentary cookies; so nice to give us four pieces knowing there were my mom and I! They were delicious and almost melt in my mouth; from the look of them, I think they are pecan cookies and valrhona dark chocolate & fleur de sel. 

One in a Melon - introducing to you Sugar And Tease's signature watermelon cake! This was the reason I braked in front of the cafe! There were so much red in it; I initially thought it was a over the top strawberry cake.

A closer look revealed that there were also slices of grapes, some flower petals, in addition to strawberries and watermelon. Now, I love watermelon but never in cakes. Would it be weird?

Sandwiched by two thin layers of cake (which could have been mistaken as bread toast) was a slab of chantilly cream with chunks of watermelon peering out. As watermelon is a fruit with high water density, the cream has to attain a high vicosity so that the watermelon doesn't sink! 

Mmmm! With so much cream, I was surprised it didn't taste cloying; was in fact light and fluffy with an interestingly flowery-scent to its taste! The pieces of watermelon resulted in crunchy yet juicy bursts of sweetness that soothed the throat on hot days.

=====

Maybe I would buy one for a family's birthday celebration.
p.s. there is a dark forest cake that I would love to check out too! 

Address
11 Kee Seng St, #01-04, 
Singapore 089218

Map
As above.

Website

Pricing
One in a Melon - S$12.00
Lotus Tea - S$4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment