Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Bami Express - Vietnamese Baguette (Banh Mi) @ Tanjong Pagar Plaza [Singapore]

Does banh mi appeal to you? When I first got to know of this Vietnamese food, my first thought was its similarity to subway and back then; I didn't quite enjoy Vietnamese cuisine and lacked the motivation to explore further.

An older me is like a different person; I have taken a liking to bun cha and banh mi! Bami Express was on my radar for quite some time and I wasn't successful in my first three visits; once was due to off day and the other two was because of out of stock, and I didn't have the patience when I saw the long queue.

I am 4th time lucky; there was just one person in front of me and I got my banh mi in less than five minutes! There were nine options and we opted for bami saigon, which was presumed to be the signature for being listed number one on the menu and that its name doesn't refer to any ingredients like fried egg, fish patties, tuna, smoked duck, bbq chicken etc.

My Bami Saigon had ingredients like pate, pork ham, stewed pork and chicken floss. You can choose to add extra ingredients and I had go with fried egg, given my love for them.

"Scrunch~~!!" The sound caught my mom by surprise; it's actually her first banh mi and I guess she didn't expect the texture to be that crispy! Said to be baked fresh on a daily basis, the baguette didn't feel heavy on the tummy and had no strong yeast taste.

Mom was pleased to find so much vegetables inside! In summary, a satisfying meal that could only be described as both healthy and delicious; I absolutely enjoyed the combination of the aromatic freshness of the cilantro, the sour-sweetness from the carrot and radish and subtle savoriness from the meats. p.s. if you are looking for more meat satisfaction, I would feel that Nhung Kitchen is a better fit.

=====

Address
Block 5 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, 
#02-02, Singapore 081005
 
Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Bami Saigon - S$5.50
Add Egg - S$1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment