Sunday, September 27, 2020

Carrot Cake from Lim Hai Sheng Cooked Food (林海盛熟食) @ 724 AMK Central Food Centre [Singapore] #amkcenrtalhawkercentre

Convenience plays an important part when it comes to the location of hawker centres in Singapore and this particular one at Ang Mo Kio central can be quite crowded when it comes to popular meal times and I chose to visit past 2pm so that the wait would be less torturing!

To be honest, I was darn hungry and didn't hesitate when Alex said we should try the carrot cake from Lim Hai Sheng Cooked Food; reason being I am not a fan of white carrot cake.

Anyway, I would be sharing with Alex as there were other stalls I wanted to check out. To make it more substantial without overloading on carbohydrates, I requested for an extra egg. 

Freshly pan-fried, the carrot cake exuded a nice warmness very much appreciated on a cool, rainy Sunday afternoon. I was so glad I asked for an extra egg as the radishes were covered so thickly with them. 

Again, I really don't know how to appreciate white carrot cake. Yes, I do enjoy the chai po that came with it, love the smaller diced up pieces of radishes but black carrot cake is still the one I would go for! 

======

Address
Block 724, Ang Mo Kio Ave 6, 
724 AMK Food Centre,#01-09, 
Singapore 560724

Map
As above.

Price
White Carrot Cake (With Extra Egg) - S$3.00

No comments:

Post a Comment