Monday, September 21, 2020

Jerald's Birthday 2020

On one hand, I love the month of September as it's the birth month for three members of my immediate family. On the other hand, however, their birthdays would also coincide with a significantly higher expenditure due to the celebrations. Nonetheless, it's money well spent and it's not like unrestrained extravagance.

The second baby for September and the first grandchild for our family; can't believe that our little boy is now so grown up! To the extent he is now the tallest, towering over his little uncle here. 

Despite the challenges when he was a kid (my most memorable was when I lost him for a moment at Giant Hypermarket in Tampines), he has grown up to be a considerably nicer boy who doesn't even demand presents on an important day like his birthday. 

Sibling rivalry is the norm at their age; just like between my younger sister and I in our younger days. Back then, our bickering were not considered uncommon given that my zodiac is monkey whereas Louise is dog. I was an asshole then; labelling her as bitch as she is a female dog.  

See how much taller Jerald is, compared to me! 

Birthday song, begins! He actually requested for a Japanese version which we were unable to accommodate as we had returned our basic Japanese back to our teachers! Interestingly, we could somewhat remember the Korean version.

Always curious to know what his birthday wishes are. At his age, my wishes then were more individualistic and selfish; like the opportunity to play more, the intention to grow old faster so that I didn't have to listen to my parents' nagging etc. 

Blowing out the birthday cupcakes from Twelve Cupcakes

Happy Birthday, Jerald! Hereby wishing you the ability to learn as much as you can while you are still young and work towards your passion, and most importantly, a happy childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment