Monday, October 21, 2019

Jovyn and Jerald - Three Years Ago #ChildhoodInnocence

There was this set of photographs that remained in my "to blog" folder and i could never get a chance to edit the photos given the backlog i have! However, the two kids' impromptu visit to my home yesterday triggered this post.

The photographs were taken on the first day of lunar new year three years ago, back in 2016 and it was a long-delayed publication; i doubt my family is even aware of these pictures. 

To inculcate traditional Chinese customs to the kids, my elder sister has mandated the kids to spew out auspicious festive phrases while holding on to two mandarin oranges, before they can secure the red packet.

I always enjoy reading the words written on the back of the red packet given by my elder sister; a chore that lazy me would never have done, not when i couldn't even recognise my handwriting sometimes! 

J family, with the boisterous kids who are a lot different now.

Our big boy is now wearing spectacles and taller than me, despite being less than a third of my age. Chubbiness remains a trademark with a weight that's also heavier than mine! 

Same goes for Jovyn; except she is not short-sighted yet (yet is put here as her constant focus on iPad and YouTube videos is going to put a toll on her eyesight) and not likely to be taller than me (phew).

Sometimes, i really wish the kids wouldn't grow up but the real world has that marvelous ability to make you conform and no matter what; growing up is a natural, unavoidable progression. 

Since there's nothing mere mortal like me could do anything about, the best i could do is to retain their innocence by means of this blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment