Tuesday, October 08, 2019

The Great Wall of Batam @ Tua Pek Kong Temple [Indonesia]

I noticed something different at Batam's Tua Pek Kong temple when i went in August recently; there was this mini great wall lookalike that didn't exist back in 2015, at least not in the current style! 

And you know what? It's climbable and being a curious member of the homo sapiens; i just had to walk up the stair to see what's up there! 

Well, nothing exciting as it's just an empty path that, god knows, leads to where! Thinking there could be 'treasure', i continued my journey even though my family members were waiting for me to board the car.

The only 'treasure' - a sleeping feline in one of the openings along the wall. I didn't want to disturb it in case it jumped down and / or it was startled enough to give me a hiss and potentially, scratches. 

Oh, so it's connected to the new building that i shared a few weeks ago. As there's no significant benefit to using the wall (unsheltered, non wheelchair accessible), i think it's built purely for aesthetic purpose.  

View from the 'great wall' - see the plot of land next to both Buddhist statues? It used to house a rundown structure that honoured Confucius as its patron deity! I actually didn't realize until i went to check out my 2015 posting of the tua pek kong temple in Batam. That's why it's important to blog! 

=====

Address 
Lubuk Baja Kota, Lubuk Baja, Batam City, 
Riau Islands 29444, Indonesia



No comments:

Post a Comment