Thursday, July 12, 2018

Krua Apsorn - Local Thai Food in Air-Conditioned Shop near Democracy Monument @ Bangkok [Thailand]

I was deliberating if I should blog about this first as there's another similar Thai restaurant in Phuket that I want to talk about and in terms of chronology, my visit to Krua Apsorn was four months later.

Nevertheless, I am already severely behind schedule and to think that I am now blogging from a Malaysian island 712 kilometers away! So, coming back to Krua Apsorn; it's yet again another recommendation from the Great Kon!

Loving the fact that the entire eatery was air-conditioned as dining would definitely be much more comfortable; no doubt speaking from a true-blue Singaporean.

WiFi password in case you want to upload to your social media.

We took a while deciding as Alex doesn't take much chili and while the dishes with crab appeared to be popular based on online reviews, I think we should make do with a bit of variety; hence, we decided with Thai basil pork with rice, green curry with clown featherback fish balls, fluffy crab meat omelette and stir fried crab meat with yellow pepper chilli!

Thai Basil Pork with Rice - don't you just love the heart-shaped rice?! I mean the operators don't need to spend time doing it but they still do it! However, it was a tad sad when we smashed up the heart.

With noticeable chili padi bits mixed in with the minced pork, it was spicy alright although I found the taste pretty common to what you can find even in Singapore. Of course, in Singapore, you would likely fork out a higher price.

Green Curry with Clown Featherback Fish Balls - I have never liked Thai green curry and I think it's because I have never had good ones like this one from Krua Apsorn which was super shiok to have, especially when you pour the curry and mix it into the plain rice!

The curry was infused with such a myriad of flavors and spices that my taste buds were simulated with every single bite. The soup could have been thicker (I am being picky here) and I sure didn't like the fishballs which were too chewy in my opinion. Oh, and I didn't realize the small, little, fig-like Thai brinjals were so nice.

Fluffy Crab Meat Omelette - as an absolute egg lover, this was something I die die will order as it comprised of egg, crab, and fluffiness!

While the omelette was chock-full of crab meat and fluffy as promised, the taste wasn't exceptionally and that's kind of surprising given the amount of crab meat inside.  

Stir Fried Crab Meat with Yellow Pepper Chilli - almost didn't want to order this as it was pricey at 500 baht! Glad we did though as the pieces of crab meat given were chunky and an utter satisfaction in the mouth! 

=====

Location
169 Dinso Rd, Khwaeng Wat Bowon Niwet,
Khet Phra Nakhon, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10200,

Map

As above.

Operating Hours
10.30 am to 8.00 pm

Website

Menu
As above. Right-click and save to your desktop for better resolution.

Pricing
Thai Basil Pork with Rice -  80 baht
Green Curry with Clown Featherback Fish Balls - 120 bath
Fluffy Crab Meat Omelette - 100 baht
Stir Fried Crab Meat with Yellow Pepper Chilli -  500 baht

No comments:

Post a Comment