Saturday, January 07, 2012

Black Carrot Cake (黑菜头粿) @ 156 Eating House [Shun Li Carrot Cake (顺利菜头粿)]

More than five years ago, i could easily satisfy my craving for black carrot cake by walking less than two hundred meters from my housing block.

That short distance was lengthened to a few kilometers (all the way to Ang Mo Kio) when the owner decided to close shop indefinitely to take care of her grandchild.

I didn't bother giving any chance to the new tenant and it was therefore a stroke of good luck that my elder sister happened to order the carrot cake from Shun Li Carrot Cake!

The smell of freshly pan-fried carrot cake was captivating enough for me to pick a piece and i must say it was beyond expectation! Since then, i have patronised the stall no less than three times and the standard has remained top-notch.

Given my preference for additional black sauce and smaller pieces of carrot cake (the resulted crunch is so addictive); my plate of carrot cake might deviate a bit from the norm from a visual point of view.

Honestly, the taste of Shun Li carrot cake fails to topple the current top stall for carrot cake; Changi Village Carrot Cake. But its close proximity to my house means it would remain a top choice whenever i crave for carrot cake.

=====

Location
156 Eating House,
Block 156, Yishun Street 11

Price
S$3 a plate
(S$2.50 option is available)

No comments:

Post a Comment