Monday, February 28, 2011

Philippine Food @ Harbourfront Centre


Philippine Food
@ Harbourfront Centre

This is going to be a short post because i just got home after a temple ceremony at the God of Fortune elaborate, decorative abode. No thanks to my mom who cheated me by implying that it will be her normal praying session.

Anyway, it is my first time having Philippine cuisine and though i have seen it around in Singapore for years, i had never taken the step forward to try.

But i finally did last Saturday when my brother in law decided to try something new and ordered grilled chicken from the Philippine cuisine stall in Food Junction at Harbourfront Centre.

The immediate recognition when i set my eyes on the grilled chicken - wasn't that the panggang chicken from Indonesian stalls in Plaza Singapura or NUS canteens?!

No, they look similar but the deciding factor is on the taste. Never in my life had i have such delicious chicken meat! The glutton ghost in me almost could not control ordering another one to satisfy that insatiable craving!

Pale pinkish meat that was tenderly soft and a layer of slightly charred skin filled with the sweet goodness of perfect smoked-grilled technique coupled with the savoury sauce!

Definitely my "type" of food!

=====

To be eaten with plain rice as the sweetness might be a bit overbearing for some.

Location
Located within Food Junction,
Level 3 of HarbourFront Centre

Price
S$5.80 per plate. The main reason why i stopped myself from ordering more than one plate. Frankly, it's too pricey for such a misery portion.




No comments:

Post a Comment