Saturday, June 06, 2020

Char Kway Teow from 旺記四炒 at Block 156, Yishun Street 11 [Singapore]

Now that i am almost done with my travel posts, i am finding it hard to decide what to blog about given my heavy reliance on travel, food and even local places that would require me to step out of the house! 

While i am still deliberating on my next step, maybe i should just share about the one activity i have been doing at home aside from working; eating takeaways! I have been craving for char kway teow for quite some time and decided to buy from this stall in Yishun (block 156) where i always buy the black carrot cake from. 

Reason for buying? I was purchasing black carrot cake at the same stall the day before and two customers who came after me ordered char kway teow! I am assuming that it must be pretty good and given that my regular stall is too far away at Ayer Rajah hawker centre; i guess beggars can't be chosers.

Ordered with an extra egg fried into the kway teow and yellow noodles, the first thing that caught my attention when i put them into my mouth was its strong dose of wok-hei smokiness; a necessary element to a good plate of char kway teow! 

There were regrets though; one, i didn't find any crispy pork lard and two, i should have asked the owner to up the sweetness by adding more black sauce. Strangely, even with about 6-7 cockles, its signature flavour wasn't really absorbed into the noodles. Nonetheless, craving satisfied. 

=====

Address
Block 156, Yishun Street 11, 
Within 156 Eating House, Singapore

Pricing
Char Kway Teow with Extra Egg - S$4.50 

No comments:

Post a Comment