Sunday, November 17, 2019

Grilled Chicken Wings Stuffed with Rice (鸡翅包饭 / Jichibaofan) @Shenzhen [China] #Jichibaofan #鸡翅包饭

It's hard not to be drawn by the aroma of grilled food and it didn't take me long to find the source; a stall selling grilled chicken wings! Their appearance differs from the ones in Singapore by appearing much plumper though.

From the photos plastered all over the shop, i knew they were grilled chicken wings stuffed with rice and since it's not that heavy a meal; we got one to try and share between the both of us. 

Dotted with sesame seeds, the chicken wing was lightly marinated and tasted good on its own. I am more apprehensive about the rice as a similar concept involving sausages in Taiwan didn't appeal to me at all for being too bland for my liking.

Peppered with corns, my worries were unfounded as the rice was fragrant with a light spiciness that's actually palatable! It was a bit of too much of glutinous rice for me although for sake of novelty; it's still worth a try if you have never had it before.

The wing tip is my favourite part; boney and crunchy and full of flavours! From the photo, it looked like a dragon head with horn and beard!

=====

Location
广东省深圳市罗湖区解放路2034附近

Map

Pricing
RMB 13 each

No comments:

Post a Comment