Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The Caterpillar - Fright in the Morning

It was a normal morning rush on a weekday and i had just disembarked from the shuttle bus at my workplace when i noticed something small dropped right in front of me! 

I got a shock obviously as i am just thinking of two worst-case scenarios; either bird shit or a snake. While it's neither; i thought for a moment that the longish thing on my shirt was a teeny weeny baby snake and that's definitely not a good start to the morning!

Bet the little fellow was as terrified as it started secreting a greenish liquid - now, i am not too concerned about it dirtying my shirt although i am dead worried that it could be poisonous! Since i am no lepidopterist, you can't blame me for my ignorance. 

See the green liquid on my hand! 

Anyway, there's no way i can keep the caterpillar even if i have taken a liking to it and as per standard practice (as i did with another caterpillar found in my office); i released it to the great outdoors. Not sure if i am being sensitive but the cute fellow initially didn't seem like it wants to leave the comfort of my hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment