Sunday, December 08, 2019

One Mouth Noodle - Handmade Wanton Mee with Char Siew @ Yishun Park Food Centre #wantonnoodle #yishunparkhawkercentre

Frankly, i am glad i only saw the words "港式手工面" as the actual name of the shop, "one mouth noodle" that's indicated in small print on the left side of the signboard, would have inferred a portion unable to satisfy my ravenous tummy that day!

手工面 means handmade noodles and you can occasionally see the chef working on making a fresh batch of noodles, in full view of everyone! Luck was on my side, i guess, as he was making the noodles on both occasions i was there.

There are four types of noodle dishes; hongkong style wanton noodle, char siew wanton noodle, hongkong style dumpling noodle and hongkong style beef brisket noodles. It's a no brainer that i would go for char siew wanton noodle!

I must talk about the wantons as many a time, i would give them a miss as the meat inside is usually pathetically minuscule. However, the ones here contained prawns and they tasted definitely a notch better than the usual minced pork.

Plated generously with vegetables and thin slices of char siew, my initial thought was that the char siew appeared overly white and too meaty for my liking. Surprise, surprise; the texture was tender and i loved the layers of yummy fat! I would have thought they would not be sweet given the lack of burnt caramelisation but truth was; they were a bit too sweet even for me.

The handmade noodles were incredibly good; al-dente and light without the alkaline taste that some of my friends dislike! I can't finish it in one mouth as i would like to take my time to slowly savour it!

Cleaned up in no time! 

=====

Location
51 Yishun Avenue 11,
Yishun Park Hawker Centre,
#01-12, Singapore 768867

Map
As above.

Website

https://yishunparkhc.sg/

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Char Siew Wanton Noodle - S$4.50

No comments:

Post a Comment