Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Penang Prawn Mee @ Penang Delights at Ang Mo Kio Block 711 S11 [Singapore]

I am a boring person and as reiterated many times, i am not adventurous when it comes to food and my order at S11 Ang Mo Kio kopitiam usually comes from Rasa Sayang Western Food.

My routine was broken recently when a friend insisted i must try the yuan yang noodle (mix of prawn noodle and lor mee) at the noticeably smaller Penang stall next to the Western food. I didn't want to disappoint him but since i don't take lor mee, i shall go with the Penang prawn noodle instead.

Even though i was second in queue, i was amazed how fast this was made and with that godspeed delivery came an uneasiness that MAYBE i should have joined Alex to order the western instead.

Nonetheless, I don't waste food that i paid for using my hard earned money! I am not very experienced with Penang style prawn noodles and thought they were similar to our Singapore soup style with an additional dollop of chilli sauce / powder.

Broth wise, it had a nice and rich sweetness comparable to my favourite Albert Street Prawn Noodle. The flavour was, however, enhanced by the spiciness of the chilli sauce and the fragrance of fried shallots! Prawns were not the freshest although they were decently sized. My only problem; i should have asked for bee hoon or thick bee hoon!

=====

Location
Block 711, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8,
#01-3501, Stall 8A, S-11 Food Centre,
Singapore 560711

Map
As above

Menu
As above

Pricing
Penang Prawn Noodle - S$4

4 comments:

  1. Lor mee is not bad but the boss and helper have zero customer service, be warned. Even asking him if got other alternatives besides mee, he is almost like shouting at me impatiently telling me the alternatives unwillingly. Yes. Even When There's no queue. 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa thanks for your comment!

      Delete
    2. I got scammed by this prawn stall uncle. I ordered dry prawn noodles and upsized to $5. What I got is a bowl of noodles with small dried shrimps and braised pork. When I questioned the uncle, he told me dry penang prawn noodles is like that. I have decided to boycott this stall. You guys can try at your own risk.

      Delete
    3. wah! seems that i was quite lucky that day as i don't recall being treated that badly as a customer..

      Delete