Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Citygate Outlets - More Like a Lesser Version of Singapore's Changi City Point @ Hong Kong

I was full of anticipation for Citygate Outlets in Hong Kong as i spent quite a bit in my last outlet shopping at Mitsui Outlets in Sapporo

Afraid that i might not have sufficient time, i even put in a minimal of four hours on my itinerary for outlet shopping with flexibility to extend should the need arises.

Sadly, i put up expectation way too high as the things sold didn't quite appeal to me and there weren't a lot of varieties, unlike the Mitsui Outlets in Sapporo. To put it in better perspectives, i thought Singapore's Changi City Point was better.

Maybe the problem lies with me; there were branded stores all over the place but i am not exactly brand conscious and prices, in comparison, were not at a level low enough to entice me. 

It was crowded for a Friday though and fellow travel mates who went thought some of the deals were pretty good and they even managed to part away with a few hundred Singapore dollars' worth of shopping merchandise! 

Exclusive elevator bringing us to a retail concept known as 10th Avenue. Once again, my expectation heightened as i was hoping for something different. 

Nothing much once again with CROCS being the only draw for me. Pity the designs didn't quite appeal to me and i didn't get replacements for my almost worn-out CROCS. 

We should get this in Singapore; an umbrella dryer which would help reduce the use of plastic umbrella bags! Not too sure how it works though. I am in fact thankful that we didn't encounter heavy rain until the last day when we were already in the airport.

Biggest draw for me in Citygate Outlets; the supermarket on the basement level! 

And the most amazing find? Durians for sale and i did notice that in Hong Kong; the popular durians are Thai durians which are extremely different from the Malaysian ones we usually get in Singapore. The one above cost about HKD$340 (about S$60).

The rarer Malaysian ones were available too in prepacked form as the fruits would likely be too smelly. And this small pack of cat mountain king was priced HKD$198 (after discount); the converted amount was an exorbitant S$34 for just a few seeds! 

=====

Address
20 Tat Tung Road, Lantau Island, 
Tung Chung, Hong Kong
(next to Tung Chung MTR Station)

Website


No comments:

Post a Comment