Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (利兴福建虾面) @ Bukit Timah Food Centre [Singapore]

If there's one hawker centre i need to send my apology, it would have to be Bukit Timah Food Centre! 

I have known this hawker centre since i was in my teens, passed by it on bus number 171 numerous times, driven past it umpteen times and yet, i have never once stepped foot into it. 

It's never too late though as i finally concluded that hawker food is the way to go if i need to save some money for the rainy days i am expecting from December this year. And with that in mind, i persuaded Alex to have lunch with me at Bukit Timah Food Centre last Saturday.

There were many stalls to choose from but i decided to throw my lot with fried hokkien prawn noodle from the above stall; the owner has to thank the certificate from Singapore Food Map for my patronage!

Woah! Look at the amount of prawn gravy! For those who love those irritating slurps, you would totally dig this juicy plate of prawn noodles!

I admit i was hungry that day but i could not help thinking that this brought back childhood memories of tucking into a plate of nicely fried hokkien mee from this grouchy uncle in Chong Pang hawker centre. 

This is definitely not the sweet type some people would prefer although it was impressive to have that delicious aroma continuing to swirl in my mouth after i left the food centre! 

Sorry Xavier, no pork belly! 

=====

Location
116, Upper Bukit Timah Road,
Bukit Timah Food Centre, #02-145

Map
As above (red star).

Price
S$3.50 a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment