Google Maps review rating score of 4.9 from over 6,000 reviewers; that's a feat in my opinion and even though I had wanted to try Pauline's at tower 3 of first world hotel in Genting Highlands for a while now; the queue was a major deterrent.
This time round, I was determined to pay it a visit. Reason being that my annual pass for the Genting SkyWorlds Theme Park was expiring then, and it would likely be a while before I would go up the highlands again. p.s. throughout the annual pass, I went up four times!
Ordering via the laminated sheets above; do note that aside from snacks, pastry, polo bun and selected dim sum, all the others would come with a free drink (17 to choose from). Only problem? I don't know the prices for the majority of the food, only the drinks.
Well, I don't believe the prices will be exorbitant given the pretty normal setting and for me, I was more curious as to the reason for the high review score. Anway, after you order via the two pretty gals at the counter, you make payment and proceed to your table and await your food, and drinks.
Iced Coffee - came complimentary with our meal, the primary issue was that you can't ask for less rice as it came from a premix dispenser! Surprisingly tasted quite nice!
Hot Beauty Snow Jelly - although more a jelly than a drink, this was counted as one of the options for the free drinks. Now, peach gum, one of the ingredients, is expensive and cheapo me decided to order an extra main so that I can get the above for free too!
Priced at RM 4.50 without any meal, the texture was thick, and not watery as with the case for most dining establishments wishing to earn more profit margin. I bet uncles and aunties would love this, especially given the cool highland temperature.
Toast Bread with Half Boiled Eggs - a classic breakfast set for Singaporeans and Malaysians, the portion seemed quite little but again, I am all for small portion eating so that I can leave more stomach space for other food.
Filling for the toast bread appeared to be pathetic and I am preparing myself it would disappoint. Turned out the spread was consistent and every bite featured the fragrance of butter and the sweet taste of kaya.
Dry Wantan Mee - wanton mee is one of my favorite foods (granted I have a lot) in Singapore and the above stood out for its two large fried dumplings and generous serving of thick-cut char siew!
Sadly, both were better off removed, especially the char siew which was literally just lumps of meat that didn't taste like char siew. Noodles were the stars for the dish; although drenched in the signature Malaysian dark sauce, they weren't overly sweet and had that light tinge of peppery flavour that enhanced the taste.
Signature Fried Laksa - just the name alone enticed me to order! The noodles weren't our familiar thick bee hoon, almost like an uncut bee tai bak! Taste wise, very good! More like a fusion saucy laksa with chilli and tomato sauce added, resulting in a fascinating taste that was a perfect balance of tangy, flavourful, sweet and slurpy!
=====
No doubt a satisfying meal for just the two of us. Frankly, a 4.9 score was an overkill and even for the signature fried laksa, I do enjoy the noodles but not the accompanying fried chicken (frozen taste), and the pieces of chicken and fishballs added. Sometimes, more don't mean good. Personally, a 3.5 to 4.0 might have been a better score for what we had.
Address
Near Ground Level Lift Lobby, Tower 3,
First World Hotel, Genting Highlands Resort,
69000 Genting Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia
Map
As above.
Operating Hours
Toast Bread with Half Boiled Eggs - RM 12.90
Dry Wantan Mee - RM 15.90
Signature Fried Laksa - RM 18.90
(Subject to Tax)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D1.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D2.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D7.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D0.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D9.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D2.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
%20@%20Genting%20Highlands%20%5BMalaysia%5D.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment