Sunday, October 11, 2026

Kogoro Katsu - Premium Pork Loin Set @ EmSphere in Bangkok [Thailand]

When one can't eat seafood in the land of the smiles, one could only deviate to the next favorite; pork! And that fully explained my reason for stepping into Kogoro Katsu! 

Kidding; my eyes were drawn to the above promotional deal; 279 Thai baht for the premium pork loin set that came with unlimited oven baked rice, miso soup, and cabbage! Not that I can eat a lot now that I am middle aged.

5.30pm with an almost empty restaurant. Unbeknownst to some, my family and I usually don't eat during the peak dinner time, preferring off peak hours to beat the crowd, and typically before dinnertime so that we have sufficient time to digest before sleep.

Dilemma; should I add a chawanmushi for 79 baht?
Actually quite expensive; so I guess not. 

Four types of sauces / dressings for you to consider; signature katsu pear sauce, original katsu sauce, Japanese yuzu dressing and Japanese sesame dressing. You know to use "which" for "what"?

Loving you when katsu restaurants gave us sesame seeds and the tool to grind them into finer bits! Those not accustomed to real Japanese katsu meal might be confused; this is important and you need them for the katsu sauce! 

Whatever the case, let me focused on the edamame first. While seemingly not included in the menu, their appearance excited me as my tummy was growling with hunger! Eating them with the katsu sauce for better flavour. 

Iced yuzu shot -  refreshing in the hot and humid Bangkok weather but the air-conditioning in the restaurant was freezing and I thought I would never say this; but I honestly preferred a hot cup of Japanese green tea then! 

Delivery of the meal; sans the pork cutlet! 
The rice pot cover was so cute with its pear holder. 

Waitress came over to loosen the rice. Hm.... I am able enough to do the same job so I wondered if this action was necessary to ensure we do not keep the rice covered for too long in case they burn. 

Now the miso soup was here to warm my tummy and cold body; let's immediately take a sip! Incredibly stomach warming and delicious for my taste buds, there were even tiny pieces of meat in the soup to cater to the hungry carnivore within me. 

Our katsu moisturized with a squeezed lemon wedge! 

Having the shredded cabbage with the traditional Japanese sesame dressing. Nothing much to complain about but my mind was so gunning for the meat. In other katsu restaurants, they would usually send in the shredded cabbage first.

Let's go for the meat! Batter was just the right thickness with a light crispiness that easily tore apart, revealing the premium loin that was thick, yet juicy and tender! You know the exhilarated feeling when you chew and it was just perfect for you? That's what I felt that day.

And to enhance the flavour of the katsu, you would definitely need the ground sesame seed with katsu sauce dip! Both katsu sauces were good but I have a stronger affection for the pear one, which was more unique and zesty! Yummy, yummy, yummy.

=====

Cleaned up in no time! What's there to complain about in my opinion? Air-conditioning was too cold for sure and another thing was the rice; the grains were too wet and I prefer them drier, and fluffier. 

Address
628 Sukhumvit Road, GM Floor, EmSphere,
Khlong Tan, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Map
As above.

Website

Pricing
Premium Pork Loin Set - 279 Baht
(Subject to Service Charge and Taxes)

No comments:

Post a Comment