Tuesday, July 21, 2026

China Food from 蜀道湘食府 @ Ria Apartment in Genting Highlands [Malaysia]

Those going up Genting Highlands in Malaysia would have noticed the two apartment blocks and like me, assumed that they were for those employed in the many business establishments located at the highlands. 

What many didn't realize was that there were restaurants located at the ground floor of those apartments and today, I am going to check out 蜀道湘食府! 

For someone who complains that Singapore has too many eateries selling China food, I turned out to be craving for China food when I was at Genting Highlands! From the menu, it seemed to focus on three main Chinese cuisines; the Xiang (Hunan), Chuan (Sichuan) and Yue (Cantonese).

Menu as above; sad thing was that I was only with Alex. Known to be a small eater with a bird stomach, I knew I couldn't try as much as I would have loved to, and had to be conservative when it comes to ordering.

Grilled Beef and Mutton - come with a minimum of three sticks (can mix), the beef was tender and juicy with the aroma of sesame seeds, the unmistakable cumin flavor with a touch of spiciness! Mutton was as good, added with signature gamineness that didn't overwhelm the palate with thin layers of yummy fats! 

Salt and Pepper Oyster Mushrooms - batter was not crispy enough with a hollowness that failed to impress. The manager actually realized and offered to refry to improve the texture, which we kindly declined. Lost us on the dish but won us with his service. 

Pan-fried Pork - nowadays, I will attempt to order guo ba rou when I see it on the menu. Covered in a sticky sauce that wasn't insanely sweet like some eateries, the problem here would still be the batter although they had a light crisp that sadly, softened quickly. Taste wise, actually slightly above average. 

=====

One thing for sure, I will back for the grilled skewers next time! 
For the other two dishes, maybe I should try others.

Address
2 Lot No.G/LG4.00 Ground Floor, 
Ria Apartment, Genting Highlands, 
Pahang, Malaysia

Map
As above.

Pricing
Grilled Beef - RM 3.00 each
Grilled Mutton - RM 3.00 each 
Salt and Pepper Oyster Mushrooms - RM 25.00
Pan-fried Pork - RM 48.00

No comments:

Post a Comment