Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2026

Vegetarian Pad Thai from Thipsamai in Gourmet Eats Food Court @ Siam Paragon [Bangkok, Thailand]

Gourmet Eats Food Court, also known as Paragon Food Hall, at Siam Paragon is no stranger to Singaporeans who love visiting the capital of Thailand, given its unbeatable location next to Siam BTS interchange station! 

I didn't visit as often in the past but now that Thipsamai has set up a branch in the food court, I found myself automatically visiting it every single time I visit Bangkok!

For this most recent trip, I went twice although for the second time; I didn't go for the original prawn pad thai as I was supposed to be off prawns, shellfish, crabs and alcohol for a month. Hence, I did something unconventional on an overseas trip; I went vegetarian and that's big for an absolute meat lover that I honestly am. 

Pager beeped in less than 10 minutes and above, people, would be the padthai siam royal (vegetarian). Visually unappetising with the noodles hidden under the bed of cabbages that didn't look well cooked. Hope the taste would be better than its appearance. 

Sadly, it doesn't. Noodles were saucy with sprinklers of spiciness, sans the irresistible shrimp aromatic sweetness from the original non-vegetarian option. Cabbages were as expected; raw tasting and the pieces of fried tofu had a touch of sourness.

If not for the small bowl of peanuts that I used to enhance the flavour, I would have deemed this simply edible, and no worth the reduction of 20 baht (less than one Singapore dollar) from the shrimp version. 

=====

Address
991 Rama I Rd, Pathum Wan, 
Gourmet Eats Food Court, Siam Paragon
Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Map
As above.

Menu
As above.

Pricing
Padthai Siam Royal (Vegetarian) - 149 Baht

No comments:

Post a Comment