Monday, October 28, 2019

Steamboat with the Family @ Home

My dwelling is used to hosting family and friends and while potluck is the norm; i have allowed the occasional steamboat (those without the grilling function) as it's much cheaper to have it at home instead of popular eateries like Haidilao

Yesterday at noon, i hosted my family! Please be assured that there were more than my parents who were present. And i bet you could see another head on the left side of the photograph.

Jovyn occasionally stays over in my house (hence, her pajamas attire) and her healthy growth over the years means she could no longer share my bed and has to use the foldable mattress.

It's literally her second home; see how comfortable she was!

A sampling of the ingredients purchased for the steamboat. Personally, i like steamboat with grilled but i don't think i can manage the cleaning up. Nevertheless, i am good with just sotong balls, fish roe balls, sausages, crabsticks and prawns! I could do without the shabu shabu meat, honestly. 


The cheeky family, sans my brother in law who was slightly late due to his work the night before. There were so much food; we had a second round in the evening! 


Comparison of the tummy between my younger sister and Jovyn. The latter is on track to overtaking the weight of the former and i think it would come sooner than expected. Time to cut down her snacks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment