Saturday, September 28, 2019

Reason (s) for The Lack of Posts

I know i haven't been blogging as much i used to and the key reason is because of a lack of time since i do have an official employment and in the past few months; i have undertaken a very important regime at night.

Jogging! It's an exercise i used to enjoy a lot when i was younger and that explained an adult waistline that was 26.5 inches at its slimmest and my lightest weight at 47 kilograms.

While i continued to exercise at home with push-ups, pull-ups, crunches and weights, my calorie-burn could never match my calorie-take; it doesn't help that i am a lover of delicious, good food and that's aplenty in Yishun!

After my birthday in April, the frustration got to me and i decided to kick-start my jogging again even though it has been a hiatus of no less than eight years. And for a person who doesn't have gym membership, my 'circuit' starts from the void deck of my housing block.

Night jogging is always preferred for the following reasons; i am working in the daytime, there's no sun, you may get the occasional cool breeze and you don't see as many people / cars on the streets / roads.

The disadvantages are that visibility is lower and it can get dead quiet at around midnight. Some areas (like the surroundings of Yishun Pond) can be quite eerie and i recently had had a chill running down my spine.

My circuit can be relatively random although it usually involves around Yishun Ring Road. While i have yet to conquer the about 6.5-kilometer ring, i am happy with my present achievement.

Sometimes, i do see strange things which are not altogether that rare in a town that's notorious in Singapore. A delivery man on PMD who was taking a snooze at the traffic junction and once, an elderly man who pulled down his pants and took a dump at a grass patch near Khatib MRT station!   

End-point - nothing's better than to be bombarded by air-conditioning at the new Yishun bus interchange! Again, i am never that consistent but would make it the end of my jogging route if the supermarket is still open. 

The trickling sweat from the head and body that always feels so good to have after a run! Since i rekindle my joy in jogging, i am glad to have lost about 4 kilograms and my pants did seem looser!

Free Tracker from Health Promotion Board showing distance, maximum heart-rate and timing. I am not too concerned about the distance as i have always been a slow jogger taking small strides; however, i try to maintain at least 30 minutes for each jog.

That's not all; i still have home exercises to conquer after the jog! My weight currently stands at close to 60 kilograms and i am hoping to reach an ideal of about 58 kilograms. Good luck to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment