Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fried Cockles Kway Teow - Load it with Crispy Pork Lard @ Ayer Rajah Hawker Centre [Singapore] #ayerrajahhawkercentre #charkwayteow

My obsession with food from a particular stall / restaurant is actually very noticeable if you happen to be my meal kakis. Take ayer rajah food centre as an example; despite the many stalls, my recent fixation is with this hawker that offers only char kway teow and carrot cake! 

Manned by an affable pair who never fails to put a smile on my face, it's auntie on duty that day as uncle had to go for a medical appointment. Ordering for me when it comes to char kway teow is easy; more black sauce, extra one egg and maybe, a bit of chilli.

A key ingredient i wouldn't have missed out would be crispy pork lard but right here at this stall; given that i have been a loyal customer for quite a few months, i could sometimes freely take from the container! 

The above was how i loaded up my char kway teow with crispy pork lard and on one hand, i think i could have been more 'generous' but on the other hand, we shouldn't deprive other customers of this holy grail.

Pork lard aside, i totally enjoyed the full body aroma and delectable flavour oozing from the plate of char kway teow that had a great ratio of yellow and flat noodles and stir-fried with plump beansprouts, slices of fish cakes and pieces of Chinese sausages and cockles! 

Of course, the best way is to combine everything, including the yummy pork lard, in every spoonful that goes into the mouth! It's a happy-sad situation for me as it was lip-smacking delicious yet i should really cut down on my carbohydrate intake! 

I think my mom would like the juicy cockles here; which would be beneficial for me since i don't like this particular shellfish but as my friend said; you still need it for that extra oomph for the char kway teow.

=====

Address
Block 503, West Coast Drive, 
#01-03, Ayer Rajah Food Centre,
Singapore 120503

Location Map

As above. 

Pricing
Char Kway Teow - S$3.50
Add Extra Egg - S$0.50

No comments:

Post a Comment